1. Arsenal’s colossal misses at the game against Man City:
a. RVP’s header, goal-line clearance by Vermaelen, his own teammate
b. Song’s L1 + triangle pass, RVP’s header, hit the post (this one is very tough to hit, though)
c. Walcott + Vermaelen + Benayoun triple facepalm misses
d. Ramsey life-saving miss (and Mugabe is reportedly hospitalized…)
2. If Arsenal bought Podolski (pretty much a done deal, I assume) and M’Vila (but not so on this one), Arsenal’s lineup next season should look like this:
Sagna/Jenkinson – Kos/Mertesacker – Vermaelen/Djourou – Santos/Gibbs
————————————-Song/M’Vila – Wilshere/Arteta
—————————Walcott/Ox – RVP/Podolski – Podolski/Gervinho
Further reserves: Miquel, Diaby, Frimpong, Coquelin, Miyaichi, Park (too many midfielders, though, so I guess there will be one or two from Diaby/Frimpong/Coquelin/Miyaichi group to be loaned out)
3. List of players to be sold this summer: Almunia, Squillaci, Denilson, Arshavin, Bendtner, Vela, Chamakh. Not sure whether we have buyers for Almunia, Squillaci, and Chamakh, though.
4. Still don’t think we can compete against Man Utd yet. But it will be good if we could at least get the second place for the first time since 2005. And realistically we could only aim for UCL semi-final (top four teams in Europe now, IMO: Barca, Real, Man Utd, Bayern – and we seem to get a freak draw every year).
5. Man Utd’s league record before Scholes’ return: 14W 3D 3L. After Scholes’ return: 11W 1D 0L. Scholes for Euro 2012, anyone?
6. I’ve got a feeling that Milan will buy Balotelli and he will partner Ibrahimovic up front. I really miss the old, nice guys Milan: Dida-Maldini-Costacurta-Nesta-Cafu-Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf-Kaka-Sheva-Inzaghi.
7. Tottenham this season is similar to Arsenal last season. Looks promising in the beginning then imploded at the end. (Although for different reasons. Arsenal: Freak Birmingham goal at the Carling Cup final. Spurs: Fabio Capello.)
8. Give credit where it is due. Man Utd (SAF!) are a great side because they know that the league is won over the entire 38 games, home and away. Man City is great for 28 games but their away form fails them, Tottenham slightly less, and Arsenal much less.
9. Chelsea’s next 4 games:
15/04, 5pm Spurs (FA cup)
18/04, 645pm Barca
21/04, 1145am @Arsenal
24/04, 645pm @Barca
I guess it’s better to pay attention more to Newcastle rather than Chelsea? (Not to mention that Chelsea still needs to face Newcastle, @Arsenal, and @Liverpool.)
10. Regarding the recent officiating gaffes, I guess Man Utd in EPL is like Barca in Europe. Without the ref’s (perceived) help (whether it’s true or not) they will still win anyway.