Main dialogue partners in Witherington’s Work:
1. Veith, Gene Edward, Jr. God at Work: Your Christian Vocation in All of Life. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2002. “Standard” approach to the concept of vocation or calling.
2. Jensen, David H. Responsive Labor: A Theology of Work. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox, 2006.
3. Volf, Miroslav. Work in the Spirit: Toward a Theology of Work. Eugene, OR: Wifp and Stock, 2001. I have been long intrigued by the concept of charism which is espoused by Volf. I have not got a chance to read this book, though, but certainly I hope I will be able to do so somewhere in the future.
4. Crouch, Andy. Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2008. A good read if you feel unimpressed with the common response of the church towards its surrounding culture.
5. Moltmann, Jürgen. Theology of Play. New York, NY: Harper & Row, 1972. Very interesting! I never knew that Moltmann wrote a book on the theology of play, a topic which is under-developed by itself! Sadly, it has been out of print for a long, long time.