1. John Milbank (Nottingham) is delivering the 2011 Stanton Lectures at Cambridge. The theme of his lectures is “Philosophy: A Theological Critique.” The summary of the first lecture (and the subsequent ones, I guess) can be seen in the website of ABC Religion.
- Lecture 1: The Return of Metaphysics in the 21st Century
- Lecture 2: Immanence and Life
- Lecture 3: Immanence and Number
- Lecture 4: Transcendence without Participation
- Lecture 5: Participated Transcendence Reconceived
- Lecture 6: The Habit of Reason
- Lecture 7: The Realism of Feeling
- Lecture 8: The Surprise of the Imagined
2. The 2011 Christianity Today Book Awards. I just know about James Charlesworth’s book on the serpent, The Good and Evil Serpent: How a Universal Symbol Became Christianized, and it looks pretty interesting.