1. I thought I was pretty good enough in mice euthanasia. Well, as an old adage goes, “di atas langit masih ada langit.” Today I witnessed a systematic rodenticide.
2. I applied for Google AdSense; first I put English as the primary language of this site, and the application was not approved because unsupported language issue. It must be the first three years of blogging in Indonesian language. Then I changed the primary language to Indonesian, and it was not approved again for the same reason (this time, it can’t read the more recent English posts). I guess this is why “you shall not sow your vineyard with two kinds of seed, lest the whole yield be forfeited… you shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together, you shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together.” (Deu 22.9-11)
3. On NTU’s coup de grâce: NTU always scored high in several non-academic factors (state-of-the-art facilities, percentage of international students, etc.) and hence its ranking was somehow overrated. The fall, then, is perhaps justified if we removed these factors from consideration, which is perhaps the way to go to properly judge a uni, anyway.
4. “Ada yang menghemat secara luar biasa, namun selalu berkekurangan.” (Pro 11.24) Sometimes it is simply a matter of perspective. Although his wealth actually grows, one can still feel poor and wanting. Contentment is a gift and a virtue, indeed.
5. No more mice scanning! At least until October ends…? But definitely I still have another set of experiments to go for this year, which will probably take one month to complete. I really hope the experiments will be scheduled in November and not in December.