My favorite readings of 2009 (in no particular order, yet if I were to choose, the best one would be Torrance’s The Trinitarian Faith):
1. Karl Barth, Church Dogmatics (A Selection), WJK.
2. Stanley Hauerwas & William H. Willimon, Resident Aliens: Life in the Christian Colony, Abingdon Press.
3. Richard B. Hays, The Conversion of the Imagination: Paul as Interpreter of Israel’s Scripture, Eerdmans.
4. J. Richard Middleton, The Liberating Image: The Imago Dei in Genesis 1, Eerdmans.
5. Joseph Ratzinger [Pope Benedict XVI], The Fathers of the Church, Ignatius.
6. Thomas F. Torrance, The Trinitarian Faith, T&T Clark.
7. N. T. Wright, Justification: God’s Plan and Paul’s Vision, IVP.
8. John Howard Yoder, The Politics of Jesus, Eerdmans.